Friday, October 15, 2010

The beginning...

Hey, everyone!

Welcome to my blog: The Everyday Adventures of a Poetic Soul. I'm new to the whole blogging thing, so this may be Adventure #1. In fact, I'm still having a hard time figuring out how to center my title/photo at the top of the page. I've tried everything! If you've got any tips or advice on solving that problem, I welcome your comments below! :)

For those of you who know me... Hey!!! What's up?

For those of you who don't know me, allow me to introduce myself: I'm a lover of music, a student of life, a hopeless romantic, a compassionate friend, a self-proclaimed "Word Nerd," a child of a gracious & loving God. I cherish my family. I adore my sweetheart of a boyfriend. I'm inspired by nature. I have a passion for people, meaningful conversations & personal growth. I was born & raised in Pennsylvania, and have lived in Nashville, TN for the past 9 years. I enjoy modern-day conveniences but deep down, I long for a simpler time. And I love to create!

That love of creative expression has resulted in a business endeavor called Poetic Soul Gifts. I make a wide variety of items, from sugar scrubs & soaps, to hand-knit scarves & baby booties, to jewelry, candles, duct tape wallets, & miscellaneous home decor. I get a special kind of joy from giving handmade gifts, and want to make them available for others to give as well.

As for what to expect from this blog, much like Poetic Soul Gifts, it will be a bit of an "anything goes" style. I may share things that inspire me, and things that frustrate me, concepts that provoke thought and prompt discussion, projects that I'm working on, things that I've experienced, or just the simple moments of life that stand out to me in some way.

Whatever the subject matter of my posts, I hope you enjoy reading them enough to come back for more!

Thanks for stopping by... Don't be a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment